2015 Geneva Motor Show took place in Geneva, Switzerland in early March (the 2016 Geneva Motor Show will happen between 3 to 13 March 2016). This 84th Salon Auto showcases many concept car, auto driven car, electric engine only car and hybrid car. Personally, I went there with one purpose: to get a 7 seat 2016 serie SUV. After paying 8CHF for the half day fee and 20CHF parking fee, there I went. There, I went straight to the well known brand for 7 seaters: 2016 BMW X5, the new Range Rover Discovery, the new Nissan Xtrail and finally the Mercedes Benz GL350 bluetec 7 places SUV. I must say, only the 2016 GL350 attracts my most attention. What I love about this 2016 Benz is:
Spacious design, comfortable 3rd row seats (as compared to the Range Rover and BWM X5).
The special discount the reseller gave i.e. 18% discount with the base price of more than 110’000CHF with tax.
The base standard equipment meets my daily requirement unlike the BMW X5 which I will need to add multiple option in order to make it at the same basic standard as the Benz.
For these reasons, two weeks after the show, I signed the Contract with the Benz dealer and below are my 2016 GL350 bluetec equipment option list:
- Panoramic Glass electric sunroof. This is needed as I like the specious feeling and this large sunroof is perfect for me.
- Mirror package: An important option for this large SUV measuring more than 5 meter in length
- Lateral view assist: Can help when making an overtake.
- Command system: for music lover, this is so much better than the Becker MAP PILOT. It also has larger screen.
- Memory Seats for up to three people. Well, as the name mention it helps when you have at least two person driving this humongous SUV.
- Leather seats: to add comfort to any journey.